Thursday, June 01, 2006

Air 1 is now available in Oklahoma City

I've listened to K-LOVE for a couple years, but sometime I want a little more variety. When I've visited Wichita, I got to listen to K-LOVE's edgier sister station, Air 1. Many of the songs were unfamiliar to me, but the more I listened to it the more I wanted a station in my city. But I couldn't listen to Air 1 where I live ... until very recently.

In May 2006, EMF (the parent organization of K-LOVE and Air 1) bought KOKF (90.9 FM in the Oklahoma City area). Since Oklahoma City already had K-LOVE, 90.9 FM became an Air 1 station. I know that some people are sad that the old local-controlled KOKF is gone (oddly enough, the old website still seems to be there, though), but I think I'll listen to Air 1 a lot more than I listened to the old KOKF. I hope that the people who have listened to 90.9 for years give Air 1 a chance.

No comments: